Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Tom is on top again!


The Australian Sailing Team has had an impressive start to the Sail for Gold regatta in Weymouth, England.....



In the Laser fleet Tom Slingsby also had a perfect start to the regatta with two race wins, revelling in the conditions. 'It was a really good day for me,' said Slingsby. 'The wind was about a 15 knot offshore breeze with big shifts and I sailed pretty well, I thought I was quick and thought I was on the right part of the course so in all it was a good day to start the regatta and I’m starting to like this venue already.' 'There were plenty of waves and plenty of shifts with a solid breeze which is generally my strength, in all I think it’s perfect sailing out there, tricky but I’m enjoying it,' he said.
For the full story head over to sailworld....